Updated May 28, 2021
All Ginger Salon staff are fully vaccinated.
Updated May 15, 2021
All staff and clients must wear a mask regardless of COVID 19 vaccination status. Ginger salon stylists are no longer required to wear protective eye coverings. If you are not vaccinated and have traveled outside of Oregon or Washington in the last 7 days ginger salon requires you call the salon to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Updated February 28, 2021
The COVID-19 surcharge has been eliminated. Also we are now allowing Children's haircuts(11 and under) at the salon. Please have your kids come with clean, combed, dry hair and only one guardian per child. Guardians, we do not have a sanitized waiting area for you to wait in, so be prepared to stand near us during the appointment, or to wait in your car after the consult and before payment, thank you!
Ginger Salon takes COVID-19 extremely seriously. This new normal has created significant changes to our day-to-day experience. Please read below for all new salon rules and protocols.
Changes for Clients
- You must not visit the salon if you or a family member are exhibiting COVID-19-like symptoms, are high risk, have a temperature above 100.0, or if you have been otherwise exposed to COVID-19. We will reschedule you for 72 hours after your last exhibited symptom.
- All clients must wait in their cars until the stylist calls them into the salon to begin their appointment.
- All clients must arrive to their appointment with freshly cleaned, dry/styled hair. Ginger salon has been mandated to shampoo clients a second time before their appointment begins, unless a dry haircut is needed.
- All clients must arrive alone to their appointment. No emotional support animals are allowed in the salon, along with no friends or family members(unless necessary in regards to children's haircuts or caregivers, you are welcome and please come in). This includes children who do not have an haircut appointment.
- All clients and staff must enter Ginger Salon wearing a face mask that fully covers their nose and mouth. We will provide single use masks to clients, because masks are affected by the hair color/ shampooing portion of your visit.
- All staff and clients must wear a mask regardless of COVID 19 vaccination status.
- Ginger Salon is not allowed to offer drinks or similar amenities to clients, including tap water. Please bring all drinks with you.
- If you are not vaccinated and have traveled outside of Oregon or Washington in the last 7 days ginger salon requires you call the salon to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Changes for Stylists
- All staff must wear personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves when needed for color services. All staff and clients will either wash their hands vigorously before a service, or use hand sanitizer and vigorously rub their hands together as if they are washing them.
- All staff must have their temperature taken before starting their shift, and midway through their shift. If their temperature lifts to above 100.0, they must go home. Stylists cannot see clients until they have had a temperature reading below 100.0 for at least 72 hours.
- Ginger Salon has implemented a 15 minute period between all clients, which stylists must use to deep clean their area, sanitize, and reset for their next client.
- All services must be pre shampooed at GInger Salon. All haircuts must be shampooed thoroughly before a service can be performed. If this is not possible, in the case of hair coloring or dry cutting, gloves must be used by stylists at all times. After a shampoo service has been performed, stylists do not need to continue wearing gloves to complete the haircutting service. Gloves do need to be worn during all consultations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I want to have my hair cut dry, why can’t I have my hair cut dry? Why do I have to come into the salon with clean hair, and then have you shampoo it?
A: As of phase one, no one can get a haircut with dry hair. Just like hands, hair must be washed twice in order for our stylists to be able to cut it without gloves. This is a rule set by the Oregon Health Authority. Because you cannot wash and dry hair before color services, stylists will be using gloves the entire time until they can wash out the color and continue with the service.
Q: Should I arrive with freshly washed hair?
A: Yes, Oregon state law states that clients need to come with clean, dry hair. We will then wash the hair ourselves a second time, before we touch it without gloved hands. All clients have to have their hair washed twice before touching it without gloves.
Q: But does that means I should wash it sometime soon before I come in?
A: Yes. This probably means you'll have your hair shampooed twice in one day. Before your appointment, wash your hair, and fully dry it. Then, it will be washed again in the salon, per OHA requirements.
Q: I have been quarantined with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or someone who has COVID-19-like symptoms. Can I come into the salon?
A: Unfortunately, no. We hope you and your loved ones feel better soon. You’ll have to wait until you or the affected person has been free of symptoms for 72 hours.
Q: I am a first responder/grocery clerk and am working with the general public. Does this exclude me from coming to Ginger Salon?
A: No it does not exclude you from coming! We do not exclude front-line workers from visiting Ginger Salon. Ginger Salon is also refusing to force clients to have their temperature taken, since this isn’t effective regarding controlling the Covid-19 spread and there can be carriers with no symptoms. (Of course, if you feel sick and/or have a fever, please stay home.) Long story short – if you are a grocery clerk or a first responder, you’re welcome in Ginger Salon. Please come!
Q: I am a breastfeeding mother with a newborn and need to bring my child with me, but only one person can come to the salon at one time. What should I do?
A: As far as it concerns COVID-19, state law considers everyone under the same roof one person. That means you may bring children with you if you cannot find a sitter for them. That being said, all locations have a very limited maximum occupancy. If you bring too many people with you, you may not be admitted.
Q: I am a child under 16 who needs to have a guardian with me to pay for my appointment and be with me. Can I come in?
A: Yes. However, if maximum occupancy has been reached, you may have to wait outside and switch places with your guardian when their service is complete.
Q: I am a child under 11 years of age. Can I get a children’s haircut while my Guardian gets their haircut?
A: Yes! Ginger Salon now offers children's haircuts for ages 11 and under. Please come to your appointment with clean, dry, combed out hair( no tangles please)
Please check back regularly, this section will be updated whenever a question arises!